Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rain water leaking into drivers side of VT

wallyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 1998
I've got a persistant problem with rain water leaking into the drivers side floor on my vt. I can squirt water all around the outside around windows etc and not a drop, as soon as it rains in it comes. I had a inch of water in there the other day and have had to lift all the floor lining up and take the saturated sound proofing layer out , now I have to fold the lining up each time I get out of the car. i've stuck some silicone up under the windscreen area but no improvement.
The car has been parked each time it's rained and I'm sick of it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
rather then squirting a hose around, put a sprinkler like one i have attached on the roof, it will be more consistent like rain then and do a better soak then a hose

Attachments

• sprinkler.jpg
    sprinkler.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 405

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Drivers side.
If you have used some silicon (acid free), im assuming you have taken off the wiper arms and scuttle plate and had access to where the wiper motor is.
On the drivers side, near the bonnet hinge is a drain hole and flood that with water

Whilst doing that, check inside and see if any drips
There is a drainhole that goes under the quarter panel but there is a fold in the metal as well, this can come apart and leak into the cabin directly.
There is also a rubber grommet further down behind the quarter panel in which can become loose/deteriorate and let water in. Mine did a bit.

I had issues with my car in post HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mine was a dodgy windscreen install, but also found possible other leaking areas which i future proofed.

Shows what i did (check prior page as well) and what i used to stop it.
Its now dry as a bone.

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Also check that it isn't coming in from the driver's side door.
Check the drain holes are clear.
Run the hose down the window and see if it comes in. If it is check the plastic inner liner. I've had the rear doors leak by having the rainwater run down the plastic in into the car.