Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rain wiper sensor

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sensor is usually integral with the windscreen glass, so if you want to install this, you need a new windscreen which costs twice as much as a standard windscreen.
In other words its much cheaper to just flick your wipers on when it starts raining ..........

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Sensor is usually integral with the windscreen glass, so if you want to install this, you need a new windscreen which costs twice as much as a standard windscreen.
In other words its much cheaper to just flick your wipers on when it starts raining ..........

Worded perfectly, for the cost you dont get much gain, id personally just rather flick the wipers on lol

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
I had rain sensors on my jeep, I turned it of and used them manual. They were to eager to turn them self on at the hint of rain.
If you have ever driven a car with ruined windscreen you will understand why. I work in a coal mine and you have to wind down the drivers window and stick your head out to see were your going. (exaggeration)

Dirty wipers on dry glass, no thanks.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah i drove one of them ford mondao things it had the auto wipers and when we hit big enough bugs and a bird crapped on it while driving it set them off, made a god dam mess on the windscreen haha

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
After having auto wipers for years in other cars it is annoying to have to keep adjusting the speed.
What i hate is when you use the washer for the windscreen the ve wipers wipe dry for the first wipe, how stupid is that!
Wonder if it changed on the vf. It shouldnt be too hard to fan the spray just in font of the wiper blade.