Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ramjet Headers

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
Hi all, does anyone have a set or know anything about the above headers sold by GM Motorsport? Apparently they bolt up to stock cat back and aftermarket systems, no ground clearance issues either. Wondering how they compare to other brands? Thanks.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Long tuned equal length 1 3/4" headers with a 100HFC that bolts upto factory catback in either 4 into 1 or try y design.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have a set of 1 3/4 and 100 CPI cats on my Calais

Equal length primaries, 4-1 design, they flow well, sound great and fit well

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys, appreciate your response’s. Daves8 you running a stock cat back ?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Thanks guys, appreciate your response’s. Daves8 you running a stock cat back ?
No mate, I have a Manta 2.5 inch, but it is the same length as the stock catback.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
If your not totally sold on the Ramjets, I have some real good condition HSV R8 SV 340 Tri Y's and factory cats the will bot straight up to your stock catback. Low cost, good gains, sounds nicer that stock and wont need a tune to keep the engine light off.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Even through the 2.25" factory catback, the R8 340 Tri-Y's made a difference on my car, both aurally and performance wise. She felt more willing to rev and not so laboured do so, mated to an OTR, 2.5" 7 Series Xforce and a tune; she gets up and boogies like should've been from factory.
Bear in mind i have an 06 VE SS-V L98(6.0l). But you should notice a good gain in your 6.2l with just the headers and cats.

Sheppbloke

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
I have the 2.5 inch HSV mid section on mine as well. Only reason I have the HSV's for sale is I upgraded the headers plus high flow cats, OTR and tune. Made a big difference but obviously cost a lot of coin too. With the HSV tri y's, 2.5 mid section and just the factory tune, it was exactly as you described rucxy. Had a nicer note than stock and felt more alive, especially from around 2k up. Probably picked up around 10kw I'd estimate for bugger all dollars. To be honest and in hindsight, I'd have just stuck with them and just put higher flow cats on and a tune and been nearly 90 % to where I ended up anyway if I could go back an do it again.

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Sheppbloke, thanks for the offer I’m interested, can you PM me your no. and I’ll call you during the week ?

Mvb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv 10
I have the 2.5 inch HSV mid section on mine as well. Only reason I have the HSV's for sale is I upgraded the headers plus high flow cats, OTR and tune. Made a big difference but obviously cost a lot of coin too. With the HSV tri y's, 2.5 mid section and just the factory tune, it was exactly as you described rucxy. Had a nicer note than stock and felt more alive, especially from around 2k up. Probably picked up around 10kw I'd estimate for bugger all dollars. To be honest and in hindsight, I'd have just stuck with them and just put higher flow cats on and a tune and been nearly 90 % to where I ended up anyway if I could go back an do it again.
Hi did you ever sell these. Cheers