Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ramjet OTR Vs VCM OTR

G8GT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESS
Hi

what is better Ramjet OTR or VCM OTR

thanks

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Performance wise there probably isn't much in it. I just don't like the look of the Ramjet.

I have the VCM and think it's looks much better. Also the Duspeed V2 is a nice OTR.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Neither, duspeed is best. :)

T

tommySV6Ute

Just googled/youtubed all 3 and seems the Ramjet gives the better gains from the 15mins of looking.

G8GT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESS
There's not much between any of the brands to be honest. Some flow slightly better, some are better at keeping water out, some are legal... just depends on what you want.

I am on the safe side from water issues if I go with Ramjet ?

holeman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have the VCM one and on Monday the 3 little pigs checked my car they had stopped on the side of the road looking at most cars and got a nice sticker on my car unroadworthy only because all OTR'S correct me if iam wrong use oiled filters eg K&N through searching it appears they are right no matter if its enclosed or not and you can see the filter on the VCM OTR have to source a paper one or change back to my stock for the test so in plane letter of the law for EPA and VIC ROADS cant have oiled filters must be the flavour of the month Pricks
Abit off the topic but keep in the back of ur mind

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I have the VCM one and on Monday the 3 little pigs checked my car they had stopped on the side of the road looking at most cars and got a nice sticker on my car unroadworthy only because all OTR'S correct me if iam wrong use oiled filters eg K&N through searching it appears they are right no matter if its enclosed or not and you can see the filter on the VCM OTR have to source a paper one or change back to my stock for the test so in plane letter of the law for EPA and VIC ROADS cant have oiled filters must be the flavour of the month Pricks
Abit off the topic but keep in the back of ur mind

That's an easy fix. There is a paper filter available for the VCM. I'm sure it's the same size as used in the porche 928. But definitely one available. The design for the VCM is completely legal, just the oiled filter seems to be an issue with Vic Roads.