Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Random electrical connector

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Hey guys, My traction control light is stuck on. My mechanic swapped the module over for a second hand one he had around the shop but the light stays on. I have it booked in on tuesday to have the wheel speed sensors changed and I'm trying to avoid buying a recon abs module unless I really have too (cost).
But I was checking out youtube and someone was saying to check the front right wheel connection and sometimes the abs wiring under heavy suspension travel can unplug the wiring. (does the front even have abs sensors ?)
Not too sure as I'm not mechanical, so I just went and stuck my head under the bonnet and just noticed an unplugged connection...I just did a short youtube vid of it.
Its likely un-related but just curious where this is supposed to connect up to.

Thanks.

edit...it is a short lead and doesn't seem to connect to anywhere within reach

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I would say it probably connected to the air filter box which used to be in that vicinity. Most likely the MAF sensor.

ltdslip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2SS
may help,
btw on the trac cont lite being stuck on, check your brake lights are working,
similar issue with VT & found both brake bulbs blown, sorted..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-24 5D Powertrain Control Module (Gen III) - 05d pdf.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-24 5D Powertrain Control Module (Gen III) - 05d pdf.png
    387 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Ahh yes, of course..the maf sensor, thanks... after a little thought today I figured it must have been something to do with the missing air box as the lead was so short.

This traction control light is driving me crazy. I've been googling alot about it...with the brake lights etc. All the rear lights are working as normal. I've changed the abs module. Not new though as I'm resisting the 350 dollar cost plus 90 dollars deposit until I send the mine back as a swap.There was a sensor of some sort in the throttle body that was changed as well.The fuse under the bonnet is ok (is there a fuse for abs in the internal fuse box?)
The only thing left to try now are the wheel speed sensors.
I might head up to Supercheap tomorrow and replace all the rear lights regardless. The One thing I did do a while back was I put in led's but only on the number plate lights...surely that isn't enough to trigger a fault?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
When you replaced the abs module, was it the same number?
There are modules for abs only. No t/c. & modules with abs & tc.
Problem maybe rear wheel speed sensors. One or both?

The led number plate light will be okay.
You get problems with cruise control when you have the leds in brake lights without the resistors, & sometimes, even when you have a resistor.