Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Random Misfiring

B34n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi,

Im new to this forum but thought i would post something and get involved in the holden community, i don't know a lot about cars but wanting to learn, i take care of my 2010 Calais V, and refuse to put anything but BP 98. Is there anything more i can do to take care of my car?

I've been told that my car misfiring is due to an carbon buildup in the upper manifold, is this a really lengthy process and is it required at 104,000 kms?

Ive been quoted about $1000 for the upper manifold clean, new spark plugs, a globe and a few software updates. Apparently this is a common problem any thoughts?

Any feedback is appreciated.

namboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 Holden VE Commodore
A set of new NGK platinum spark plugs would be around $50 + Upper Intake manifold gasket that will probably also need replacing $50 (It would cost you around $200 labour+parts if the mechanics do the job - it's a fiddly job)
A globe $10
A software update at holden $150-$200
I can't imaging the upper intake manifold clean costing around $600-700????
Maybe get a few quotes? I havent had this issue, but usually misfiring is a result of faulty spark plugs or coil pack - maybe try replacing them firstly. Although this should throw up some error code if this is the case...

Last edited: