Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

range for camber and toe on live axle?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Losh and VC Comm,

I also read it as "he seems concerned about the rear" and that the front was corrected during the alignment.

What I don't understand is "10 minutes" ? doesn't he mean 10 Degrees when talking about Camber ?

As far as I'm concerned any flogged bushes will give false readings and sloppy diff positioning.

Also VC we're all here to help and some of us try our best and maybe sometimes we aren't all spot on, but there's no need to come across arrogant.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought he got the readings in less than 10 mins. Which I think would be enough time to set the wheels and measurring up on the machine. Adjustments i suspect would take a little more time.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry but I didn't read it like that, what's the camber part all about then ? Toe 0.2 mm is absolutely bugger all and most aligners would let that slide on the front end. Actually if an aligner got the toe down to that he's pretty darn good as many allow much higher figures to slip past as they can't be stuffed chasing perfection.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Its a bit confusing. Reading it again it sounds like rear toe was 0.2.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Hi Losh and VC Comm,

I also read it as "he seems concerned about the rear" and that the front was corrected during the alignment.
What I don't understand is "10 minutes" ? doesn't he mean 10 Degrees when talking about Camber ?
As far as I'm concerned any flogged bushes will give false readings and sloppy diff positioning.
Also VC we're all here to help and some of us try our best and maybe sometimes we aren't all spot on, but there's no need to come across arrogant.
A minute is 1/60th of a degree, so rear camber was a fraction of a degree. Which is what I would have expected.

P.S. they corrected the front toe only, as the other figures were on target. And I think it actually went round corners better with the excessive toe. Almost seems worth chewing up tyres.;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine went in for an alignment a few weeks ago as it was out. 4 weeks later, when i fitted two new tyres it was out by 2mm again, which was what it was out the first time. I am wondering if the new bloke made an error the first time, dunno and may never will.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I too have found that with a whacked out alignment that my lads car sat better. As soon as it was corrected, and it was wildly out I might add as I changed two tie rod ends and rack ends in the process and afterwards it was very flighty once corrected, but I get that as when one wheel is working against the other it will feel rather firm due to the forced pressure placed upon opposing wheels, but once corrected that force is removed and each wheel will turn unopposed.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah well i still don't get why you are saying that the OP is asking about front wheel alignment, when what i read it as him wondering about rear alignment. Which I replied to the OP that rear alignment issues are caused by damaged or worn components. Yet you again, as you seem to do a lot tell me i am wrong i what i have posted. I don't get what part of what i wrote as being wrong? How about instead of pulling me down, you try and see what point i am making, or is that too hard? Or is it that you just like to create arguments?

Where have I said the OP is asking about front alignment settings? I've commented why they put rear settings on the report

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi Losh and VC Comm,

Not being arrogent.....I understand people may not be spot on, hence my correction.....

And minutes is another form relating to settings

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Considering the fronts are worn and the OP is asking about rear settings, this wouldn't apply to his situation
This is what I don't get why you you posted. This post does not make sense from the point i was making. Considering I was talking about rears.