Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RANT Transmission rebuild

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
ey guys when I first bought my car it was a matter of days after that the transmission decided to cave itself in, so to cut a story short I ended up getting it rebuilt for $1600 with heavy duty clutches ect, it was a matter of 2hrs when I took it home and the "rebuilt" gearbox was doing all strange things, holding gear, jumping in and out of gear ect.

To cut a story short, they fixed it. But this is where I get mad, it was taken back another 5 times after that. So the car was going good for 3months untill last night when I was on my way home and look behind me and I had smoked up the hole freeway. Pulled over and noticed transmission oil was leaking at a rapid rate.

I mean I could of just got a 2nd hand T700 and would have less problems, it gets me why a reputible transmission company can stuff up so many times.

RANT OVER

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My son had exactly the same experience with his Magna a few years back. He paid $500 for some minor work because the car wouldn't retain top gear, a common fault in that model. Five attempts to fix it and the final result was to buy a second hand tranny and put it straight in, and it worked perfectly.

I agree with your comments about why get the old one fixed by "experts" if they can't fix it? Second hand makes a lot of sense sometimes.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Thats exactly my point, when people pay good money for rebuilds ect you expect it to be done properly. I dont know what to do now really, because my warranty runs out soon and dont wont to be forking out more money to fix it when it plays up again, ive lost all confidence in this company.