Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust J-pipe

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Any of you guys got sound clips of these things? Just interested to hear what an axle back mod would sound like on these cars.
Did you see ozdrexler's post a few above yours?
I'm planning on finding the aforementioned Faecebook page & having a look at some stage in the near future ... if I can recall the login details for my Faecebook account ...

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Did you see ozdrexler's post a few above yours?
I'm planning on finding the aforementioned Faecebook page & having a look at some stage in the near future ... if I can recall the login details for my Faecebook account ...

I don't have a facebook account, although the VE wagon video is on Youtube. I don't think it's their "marriage saver" type though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYItJ1yFZGU

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
Links above not working for me.
When I get back home on the weekend, I'll see if I can get a video done and post it up.

We did a before & after with the car just sitting in the garage, and the difference is just amazing.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Now I have had the things on for almost a week, I have these 2 observations:

1. My car finally sounds like a V8 should. YAY, a win.
2. You do notice the extra noise a little bit in the car but its not bad, not annoying. My kids havent complained yet. There is a bit of drone when ploughing up long hills.. did the F3 run and it was noticable but not enough to annoy the bejeebers out of me or anyone else in the car. So thats a win too.

So, conclusion: worth it.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Mine drones at 1600rpm especially in third and sixth gear. It's an easy fix with a flick of the manual mode. I'm tempted to try a different gearing set to have the car at s different rpm at my 100 km h highway cruise speed.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hmm, I was thinking of get some pipes but I sure don't want a droning again had it with my last car. Anyway I thinkin of maybe getting the Varex bi-modals, more expensive but it'd be good to have a quiet exit at 6am and enjoy the sound on the way home :p
lookin into pricing next week.