Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust J-pipe

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
6's with exhaust mods generally sound crap.
Just change the tips out.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
i put ss mufflers on my sv6 wagon for the same reason as you want (aesthetics). And yes i do find it does have a bit nicer note under acceleration which was a positive. But in no way does it sound like an aftermarket exhaust at all. I agree with everyone else in that pretty much any exhaust upgrade on a 6 sounds crap and i would never do anything more than the mufflers i have just done... But yeah to answer your question, the ss mufflers do improve the note slightly IMO. And i would recommend just doing this over a proper aftermarket exhaust upgrade.... hope this helps.

Has anyone put the J pipe/Marriage saver combo on a SV6? Basically all i want is twin tips for aesthetics reasons only. But if there's a chance to get a slightly better note out of it while getting the look I'm after why not. Or does the SV6 sound like ass with just rear muffler swap??

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone put the J pipe/Marriage saver combo on a SV6? Basically all i want is twin tips for aesthetics reasons only. But if there's a chance to get a slightly better note out of it while getting the look I'm after why not. Or does the SV6 sound like ass with just rear muffler swap??

I have some brand new standard mufflers (less than 1000kms) off a 2015 manual ssv if you want them for a hundy. I'm in the South east too.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
@villin808:

Do they have the flat flange or ball type?

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
Ball type flange mate. Just checked my stock one for you

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
@villin808:

Do they have the flat flange or ball type?

Flat

image.jpg1_zpsunijiroh.jpg

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ball type flange mate. Just checked my stock one for you

Redlines are different, thats why rapid make two different J pipes for redline and non redline.

RockDAhouse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have got the xforce headers and 2 and a half inch system. Can hear the v8 rumble, no drone at all. Ive done a trip to sydney and plenty around town. Im happy with mine. :)

yours manual or auto?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I have a set of ball type Rapid Exhaust J pipes to suit a Redline if anyone is interested? Good as new, just a bit of surface rust. I'm going to fit either the marriage savers or a set of manual redline mufflers. The J's are just a bit too loud with the straight through 2.5" system.