Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust J-pipe

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline
I have got the xforce headers and 2 and a half inch system. Can hear the v8 rumble, no drone at all. Ive done a trip to sydney and plenty around town. Im happy with mine. :)

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'd go the marriage savers then, they are tested to 85 decibels which is within tolerance for exhausts and the double chamber eliminates all drone.
Hmm, I was thinking of get some pipes but I sure don't want a droning again had it with my last car. Anyway I thinkin of maybe getting the Varex bi-modals, more expensive but it'd be good to have a quiet exit at 6am and enjoy the sound on the way home :p
lookin into pricing next week.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I have got the xforce headers and 2 and a half inch system. Can hear the v8 rumble, no drone at all. Ive done a trip to sydney and plenty around town. Im happy with mine. :)

i just installed the stainless 2 1/2 as well... catback though cant afford the full system yet as I have a wedding coming up lol and i couldn't be happier

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
i just installed the stainless 2 1/2 as well... catback though cant afford the full system yet as I have a wedding coming up lol and i couldn't be happier

So did u do the install or had it done & how much did it cost. I've seen catback in 2.5 SS on ebay for $1200 or $1700 with the Varex resignators, I'll probably get the later.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
So did u do the install or had it done & how much did it cost. I've seen catback in 2.5 SS on ebay for $1200 or $1700 with the Varex resignators, I'll probably get the later.

$1200 fitted mate

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I had the original J Pipes from them fitted for a while, awesome note, but the same as others, going up a long hill if it stayed in 6th it could get a bit loud in the cabin, flick to 5th in manual mode and it went whisper quiet.

I was looking at the marriage savers as well, a toss up between them and Bi Modals, I got the latter and fitted them without the vacuum line attached, sound is great, but I've got to get a set of tips for them and then connect the vac line, J Pipes would be easier.

How do the marriage savers go in 4 cyl mode, what kind of sound does it make?

timmybrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv redline

I have a wedding to pay for too haha. The bride is getting a bit grumpy with me spending money on a car that she cant drive. She will learn manual one day haha

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Has anyone put the J pipe/Marriage saver combo on a SV6? Basically all i want is twin tips for aesthetics reasons only. But if there's a chance to get a slightly better note out of it while getting the look I'm after why not. Or does the SV6 sound like ass with just rear muffler swap??

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just put some SS tips from a manual car not an auto.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Has anyone put the J pipe/Marriage saver combo on a SV6? Basically all i want is twin tips for aesthetics reasons only. But if there's a chance to get a slightly better note out of it while getting the look I'm after why not. Or does the SV6 sound like ass with just rear muffler swap??

It will sound like a lawnmower.