Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust - Marriage Savers

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
Noticed that there had been talk on a few different threads regarding the J Pipes & Marriage Saver rear muffler replacements fabricated by Rapid Exhaust.
There is a dedicated thread for the J Pipes, so thought I would start one for the Marriage Savers - keep it all in one place.

The vehicle I fitted the marriage savers to, is a 2015 VF SSV Redline sedan.
The tips on the Marriage Savers fill the rear bumper cut-out a lot better, and stick out a little further as well. Looks so much nicer than standard.

The only fitting issue that I encountered, was the driver side pipe did not sit quite right, and had to spaced down 8mm, by using 4x washers.
Fitting only took around 10 minutes each side.

On initial start-up, the note it produced was great. Not too loud, but enough of a note to know that it is a V8.

Taking it for a drive, the sound was amazing. The only problem was that when AFM kicked in, there was a slight drone. Not overly bad, but enough to be annoying.
I spoke with Darren at Rapid Exhaust about this, and he mentioned that there had been no issues with drone in the V8s. The only drone issue he encountered, was with an SV6 fitted with the Marriage Savers. The car owner found a simple fix - put a blanket under the spare wheel. Apparently this resolved the isse. I tried this with a thin blanket, and it made a small difference, but the drone is still there.

Overall, I would be 90% happy with them.
Next step is to install dynamat in teh spare wheel well.

Anyways, some pics & vids.
When I get a chance, I will get a video of the sound on the road.

3.2%20-%20Standard.jpg

Original tips

3.3%20-%20Marriage%20saver.jpg

Marriage Saver tips

3.1%20-%20Marriage%20Savers%20vs%20standard.jpg

Original muffler vs Marriage Savers

3.4%20-%20One%20of%20each.jpg

Marriage Saver on left, Original on right

3.5%20-%20Complete.jpg

Marriage Savers fitted

[video]http://vid700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/cassgazz/VF%20SSV%20Redline/Standard%20Exhaust.mp4[/video]
Video of standard rear mufflers

[video]http://vid700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/cassgazz/VF%20SSV%20Redline/Marriage%20Savers.mp4[/video]
Video of Marriage Savers fitted

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'm not going to lie, the design of the muffler setup is confusing the hell out of me. Whats the point? Air won't go into the resonator parts since it has nowhere to exit, air would flow past the two 'side' pipes with added turbulence.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
They look like a really well thought out design: lmao:

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
I'm not going to lie, the design of the muffler setup is confusing the hell out of me. Whats the point? Air won't go into the resonator parts since it has nowhere to exit, air would flow past the two 'side' pipes with added turbulence.

Yeah, I don't know exactly how it works either, but when I had the first muffler removed, I started the car up and it was way louder than with the Marriage Saver fitted.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
This is exactly why it works. The pipes are a specific capped length that channels a frequency back towards the main exhaust pipe, cancelling or disrupting that frequency which is the source of drone. If you were to take tin snips to your AFM triple baffled (auto not manual) muffler you'd see a similar setup within the muffler.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
How much do these things cost ? interested in getting a set when my SSV gets here!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Be interested to hear the result, forgive my ignorance though haven't you removed a resonator not a muffler?

*edit* I'm yet to hear your video :)

SE1Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF - SSV - Redline Sedan
How much are they?
My Redline also has the clamp style fitment, are these as easy to replace as the bolt on type?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Are the tips the same size as stock?