Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rapid Exhaust - Marriage Savers

0Maka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I've got a 2010 VE SS (AFM disabled) with a x-force 2.5" inch system.
I want a bit more noise, with minimal drone what is the best option, J pipes or j pipes + hotdogs? Not really interested in the marriage saver ones.

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I've got a 2010 VE SS (AFM disabled) with a x-force 2.5" inch system.
I want a bit more noise, with minimal drone what is the best option, J pipes or j pipes + hotdogs? Not really interested in the marriage saver ones.

Why no marriage savers? They and J pipes are really meant for the standard system which is heavily muffled in the center section also to extract the most noise and the best note from the standard system.

Whilst you can add J pipes to your X force, it is going to be very loud, as those rear mufflers will be doing quite a lot to reduce volume. You won't have drone but the overall volume level will be way past legal.
Try unbolting the mufflers first and start the car up or drive it around a block, so it's straight through, to give you an idea of the volume you'll have...all you'll have is that plus reduced drone from the J pipes. It'll be like a race car and get tiresome soon.

FWIW mate if you must go down this path I'd only look at marriage savers or maybe this competitor product, so at least there is still a modest amount of muffling from the hotdogs, for some volume reduction.

https://www.veonline.com.au/holden-commodore-ve-sedan-wagon-ss-sv6-3-tailpipes

0Maka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Why no marriage savers? They and J pipes are really meant for the standard system which is heavily muffled in the center section also to extract the most noise and the best note from the standard system.

Whilst you can add J pipes to your X force, it is going to be very loud, as those rear mufflers will be doing quite a lot to reduce volume. You won't have drone but the overall volume level will be way past legal.
Try unbolting the mufflers first and start the car up or drive it around a block, so it's straight through, to give you an idea of the volume you'll have...all you'll have is that plus reduced drone from the J pipes. It'll be like a race car and get tiresome soon.

FWIW mate if you must go down this path I'd only look at marriage savers or maybe this competitor product, so at least there is still a modest amount of muffling from the hotdogs, for some volume reduction.

https://www.veonline.com.au/holden-commodore-ve-sedan-wagon-ss-sv6-3-tailpipes
I have a feeling the marriage savers willl be very similar to the rear muffles of my xforce, with no notice in sound.

I have heard and drove with no mufflers on and I wasn't a fan. Too loud and too much drone (so no straight pipes for me)

I was looking at those J pipes + hotdogs, they might add that extra sound I'm after with maybe a little drone

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have a feeling the marriage savers willl be very similar to the rear muffles of my xforce, with no notice in sound.

I have heard and drove with no mufflers on and I wasn't a fan. Too loud and too much drone (so no straight pipes for me)

I was looking at those J pipes + hotdogs, they might add that extra sound I'm after with maybe a little drone
Link doesn't work?

Nah the MS are pretty loud man should be louder than your Xforce mufflers.

Marriage savers are 2.5" straight through mufflers plus two hotdogs per side to offer some muffling. Again straight J pipes will be as loud as no mufflers at all...

This bloke has exactly what you're asking about sounds mint I reckon

0Maka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Link doesn't work?

Nah the MS are pretty loud man should be louder than your Xforce mufflers.

Marriage savers are 2.5" straight through mufflers plus two hotdogs per side to offer some muffling. Again straight J pipes will be as loud as no mufflers at all...

This bloke has exactly what you're asking about sounds mint I reckon

Doesn't sound too bad at all.

Now that I really think of it, the system on my car is only mild steel. I'm better off putting the extra money aside across the year and putting a stainless steel system on

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Doesn't sound too bad at all.

Now that I really think of it, the system on my car is only mild steel. I'm better off putting the extra money aside across the year and putting a stainless steel system on
If you're going to keep the car for a while then yeah go stainless. Otherwise if you just want a good note chuck on the marriage savers .

Funnily enough I'm looking to sell my pair of marriage savers 8 months old only as I went VF2 bi modals for full volume control. Mine are from a sedan but will fit wagon. DM if interested.