Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Raptor supercharged cam.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Probably, why don't you give them a call tomorrow. I found Steve to be quite helpful.

MACE

Reaction score
Is there a massive power increase from changing the cam in an ecotec to a performance supercharged suited one? I really don't want to reduce driveability and i have 1.8 Yella terra rockers.
Does Mace have anything that would suit my setup?

"Is there a massive power increase from changing the cam in an ecotec to a performance supercharged suited one?"
Yes there is a massive power increase

"I really don't want to reduce driveability and i have 1.8 Yella terra rockers. Does Mace have anything that would suit my setup?"
Unless your planning on revving your engine to the heavens, or planning on running heaps of boost without an intercooler, then the design of a FI cam should improve driveability not take away from it, giving you more power, better part throttle accleration etc. We do have a couple of grinds which would work well as shown in the link below

COMP Cams to suit Holden Supercharged V6 - MACE ENGINEERING GROUP

Cheers
Steve

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Thanks for that Steve, The power increase seems pretty substantial!
I'm looking at running 9psi non intercooled for maybe a month, then I'll be upgrading to 12psi with an A2A intercooler setup. By the looks of that I'd be looking at stage one wouldn't I, keeping in mind my rockers are already raising valve lift?
I'm not really interested in raising the limiter either - I'm not one to rev the bejesus out of my ute.

I'm also interested as to how much of a difference the 25mm manifold insulators have on supercharged setups - i'm guessing they're quite effective? I do have a Strut brace which limits me to either the Manifold spacer or the plenum spacer, not both, so which one would you suggest?

MACE

Reaction score
“Thanks for that Steve, The power increase seems pretty substantial!
I'm looking at running 9psi non intercooled for maybe a month, then I'll be upgrading to 12psi with an A2A intercooler setup. By the looks of that I'd be looking at stage one wouldn't I, keeping in mind my rockers are already raising valve lift?”

With either of those cams you’ll have to revert back to standard ratio rockers unless you’re planning on machining down the guides. In saying this though you’ll be happy with either of those cams and stock rockers :)

“I'm not really interested in raising the limiter either - I'm not one to rev the bejesus out of my ute.”
The stage 1 or 2 cam would be the way to go.

“I'm also interested as to how much of a difference the 25mm manifold insulators have on supercharged setups - i'm guessing they're quite effective? I do have a Strut brace which limits me to either the Manifold spacer or the plenum spacer, not both, so which one would you suggest?”

If you had an NA car then I would go straight for the 25mm manifold insulator, however because you’re running boost the plenum spacer would be cheap insurance at preventing any cylinder leans outs through improving air distributions between cylinders. So I would go the 12mm plenum spacer and 12mm manifold insulator.