Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rare????

howzat_96

Reaction score
holden won't tell you how many were made in 06 as i've tried to find out as i've got one
and its only done 32thou. now
somebody did tell me only about 10 were made in that colour in 06 but who knows

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What is it with people thinking ex police cars cop a flogging? (no pun intended). A 'P' plater flogs a car worse that a police officer.....

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
Hope you're not referring to my post, I just said they usually have a hard life :) I know full well that they are serviced and maintained like all hell, but the perception is that they still (and do) have a hard life.

Hell yeah P plater's give cars a hard life, first car (usually) and they don't have the experience on how to drive without destroying yet (majority of, not all).

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wasn't referring to you directly, it just reminded me of similar posts that bash ex cop cars.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
What is it with people thinking ex police cars cop a flogging? (no pun intended). A 'P' plater flogs a car worse that a police officer.....

the cars are driven by people that dont own them, therefore people believe they are less likely to take care of them. not to mention all the mounting of gutters, abuse they receive from drunk people, and all the other cop duties, all of which happens pretty much from 0km on the odometer. to me, flogging is more than just driving it fast.
a P plater's car can have a good life for 250,000km, then some p platers will buy them and flog them, while others will continue the cars good life

Ewok

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR 360AWHP
hahah love that montage of images you have there Stocky... on the right it looks like your engine is in a ute tray :D Mid mounted commodores! **** no way !!!

Agree with your sentiments on what can happen to cars, it's all about the owner. I myself have continued the care of my care, it was ex Woodside fleet for 3 years never missing a single service, then I picked it up with 65k on the odo and havn't missed a beat since. (then again I have only had the 75k service so far, am just about to hit 84k already, owned it since July/August last year). At the end of the day, a car is only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So if you can find a sucker who believes that a paintjob justifies an extra few thousand dollars over standard price, well, you know what they say, a sucker is born every minute.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
here in KSA, just around a year ago, ppl started to buy the 1990 and downwards Chevy Caprice.

they didn't worth crap b4, but after ppl started to buy them like crazy, the prices almost tripled !

so, yes :
a car is only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS

cant remeber last time i saw a cop car been warmed up before they drive it hard, thats when most damage is caused, when its cold, they jump in the car and go,

most p platers know to wait till there car is at the correct operating temp beofore flogging it

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You think?

How often do you hang around police stations watching them warm their cars up?

Devill VZss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.0 SS
Well I spose it all depends on the actual vehicle hey! Im not an expert but my brothers a mechanic and he seems to think that its been looked after.
I finaly got onto someone from Holden that was willing to spend the time to help me out :bang: and is gonna track down all the info for me so Ill see what she has to say!
I did hear that they were a special order for the VIC police but im not sure how true or how many were made.

:thumbsup: