Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rarity

VP lover

Reaction score
HI
This is my first posting on this forum. I have a VP commodore wagon and I have been told that it is a rare one as it has a factory five speed gear box is this so.
I also want to know if putting extractors on it is going to help in huge way to the performance of the car. As I don't really know a lot about cars thanks cheers all.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Lol no its not a rarity. Extractors will make some difference but not a huge amount. A decent tune, bigger throttle body ect would also help with performance. But generally nothing other than turbo or supercharging will make a huge difference in performance :p

VP lover

Reaction score
Oh ok just I have been told there isn't to many around. I have a question for you where can I get the surround that goes around the gear lever boot as mine is broken and has been removed. Many thanks my friend.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport

VP lover

Reaction score
Yep that's the one it goes inside the rubber boot. I am in Brisbane

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Extractors will make a difference, but not a whole lot.

If you get extractors, get a whole system installed.

Also, I don't know #### about the rarity of the car.

Kinng

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Console/surround on ebay.
I wouldnt say it is rare, it was factory standard for a manual in VP execs, most people just optioned for an auto.
They are less common than the autos, but not rare as some people make them out to be

mrbuntle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vacationer
I have a 5 speed vp. It took me a while to find one on ebay but I persisted. The gbox is a bit notchy so a put a quickshift in - not really worth it (any ideas guys?). An auto vp will out-accelerate me unless I rev the s--t out the motor and being a 21 yr old car, I won't. Go the standard route i,e, CAI, extractors, POD and tune. Unless your wallet is bulging, then forced induction or v8. Diff ratio might need changing too. Replacing the gear lever boot won't add much grunt.

92vpss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp ss
It's rare to fine a 5 spd vp in good nick as most of them have copped a thrashing. Extractors won't make a big difference but will give the exhaust a better note

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Replacing the gear lever boot won't add much grunt.

I think the 'more grunt' and the gear boot were unrelated questions ;)

Manuals are less common, but i wouldn't say they are rare. A Manual V8 wagon is rare, even more so if a Berlina (there was a factory Berlina LX (basically a calais) Wagon with 5L 5 Spd for sale a while ago)
Personally i'd rather an auto, and convert it, so you get to keep the factory cruise (both of my cars are converted manuals)