Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ratio Rockers or Cam for L67 ??

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Hi ppls,
Just wondering what you all would go for a set of ratio rockers lets say 1.95:1 (FIT or YT) or a cam install (Which cam , who's cam) for a VS L67 ? just can't make up my mind on which way to go :bang:

I would also be interested to see what other people are running in their L67's out there, :thumbsup:

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Anyone ....... anyone out there ???? helloooooooo

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You wont get anywhere near the valve lift that can be attained by swapping rockers compared to swapping a cam... rockers are known as a poor mans substitute for a cam.

Realistically you can't go any higher than 1.8 for roller rockers without swapping the valve springs, other wise you'll get valve bounce. But when swapping for stiffer valve springs, wear on the camchain guide increases and stretched chains occur. Most engine builders ditch the single cam chain for a dual row, which means a balance shaft can't be used anymore as there is no room for the balance shaft gear.

But by swapping the cam you can gain extra time/duration of the valves being fully open and flowing, therefore increasing effieciency of the intake and exhaust stroke cycles and gaining more power.

It really depends on what you really want out of you engine...if you want a rocket with a sexy exhaust burble then go the cam !!!

It you just want a easy bolt on mod then go the rockers... but remember that if you decide on getting a cam later you wont be able to use the high ratio rockers unless you can get a specific custom grind.

Hope that helps! btw I am slightly biased towards the cam :)

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Hope that helps! btw I am slightly biased towards the cam
Fair enough sixshooter ;)
what i'm after is a reliable daily driver with a bit of poke in it, i've just been reserching and getting opinions on going the FIT / YT rockers or going for a cam.
i guess with a cam it would be more expensive but greater options on what and how it produces its power.
Apart from Clive Cams (formaly of Wade) does anyone recommend any other cams or cam makers to suit the L67 ?
Thanks in advance

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Competition Cams (hard to find info on the L67)

http://www.compcams.com/

there's better list of cams here

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...04&PHPSESSID=de70a54df3ff609989336d89fdcfc14d

Crow Cams (they're a bit dicky with there 0.075" spec's most measure @ 0.05" of valve lift which makes it harder to compare cams but they do make one)

http://www.crowcams.com.au/templates/Catalogue-HoldenV6.shtml

Intense-Racing (I think they have the fastest L67 in America atm.)

http://www.intense-racing.com/

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Thanks heaps sixshooter ;)
much appreciated . :)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
No worries... Oh and I forget to mention... there's also Lou's Lumpsticks @ Blue Chip Tuning :D he has a tread in his section !!! :)

hoarey85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
VS CALAIS said:
Hi ppls,
Just wondering what you all would go for a set of ratio rockers lets say 1.95:1 (FIT or YT) or a cam install (Which cam , who's cam) for a VS L67 ? just can't make up my mind on which way to go :bang:

I would also be interested to see what other people are running in their L67's out there, :thumbsup:

hey mate

i hav these fitted to my VT and i would suggest the rockers all the way, for the simple fact that they are so easy to fit and give you the same power sain but with out the bad idea that the CAM give you

Cheers
Haorey85

Bad Luck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8, VX V6
the yt rockers are a proper roller rocker that can reduce a lot of friction

the fit rocker is a 2nd hand reweld

i would go a cam with a set of yt rockers for the best performance.

bandsaw

Reaction score
VS Calais I would say your best option would be just a cam, once you put the right cam in place there will be no need for rockers.
So mate don't be like a Skippi and waste your money on **** you dont need. The L67 engines do run a little bit of overlap with their standard cams in order of obtaining a slight
EGR efect to lower combustion temps for lower nox gasses out the tail pipe thus loosing some dynamic boost preasure.
A custom ground cam will eliminate all that and your engine will be pumpin.

Saw.