Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lrbeats

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore RS
Hi all,

I got a ZB commodore RS two weeks ago and loving it so far. It’s a 4cyl turbo model first registered in March 2018.

wondering if anyone has had any issues with the doors rattling when listening to music? It’s mainly from the bass in a song, but it really sounds like the rattle is coming from the door locks that automatically pop down into the door when the car is put into drive or reverse gear.

what would be a good fix? It’s still under warranty. Is this a warranty job? Or can I simply pull the pop up locks out, or wrap some foam tape around them?

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS
You are not alone. I have noticed that the faux carbon trim surrounding the door handle buzzes when listening to music with the volume up or when there's a fair amount of bass.

I have not had the door lock pin rattle, but there are a couple threads on the door pins specifically over on the Buick forum. Guys that have the rattle have come up with a few good solutions. Some more involved than others. Here are those threads:

Last edited:

Lrbeats

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore RS
You are not alone. I have noticed that the faux carbon trim surrounding the door handle buzzes when listening to music with the volume up or when there's a fair amount of base.

I have not had the door lock pin rattle, but there are a couple threads on the door pins specifically over on the Buick forum. Guys that have the rattle have come up with a few good solutions. Some more involved than others. Here are those threads:

Thanks! I’m trying the heat shrink tube method. Let’s see if it works. Yes I have noticed the carbon trim on the doors too have made some buzz along with the stereo. Total pain!

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
Yes, after 20 months of owning my ZB Calais, I have noticed a reverberation coming from the driver side door when playing bassy music. Thought it was from the seat belt holster.