Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattle/tinging sound?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Rattle/tinging sound? - ALSO wheel polishing?

Hey guys,

Well I'm not sure what it is, but everytime i go over a bump (tiny or big, slow or fast), it makes a "ting" sound in the front right hand side.

I used to think it was my centre caps off my Interceptors but i've changed them and it still does it so now I'm wondering what the hell it is.

Since that's the case, it's been doing it for a LONG time, but only came to appoint it now.

Anyone have any suggestions what the hell it is? I can't really explain the noise it's like.. CENTRE CAPS ON STOCKIES?! just sounds like a rattle sort of sound, does it for a split second over every bump..

It was doing it before we lowered it, so that's out of the option.

Thanks for anyone that might have a slight idea, it's doing my fkn head in.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know any wheel places that fix gutter rash and polish wheels? around SE suburbs would be great (Cranbourne, Hampton Park, Dandenong etc)

Last edited:

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Lol, I have the same exact problem in mine.
It specially happens when im between 10km to 60km/h on any little reflector on the Rd.
And only on the front right hand side.

Ting ting ting. Lol

If u find out what it is please let me know. I thought it was from my strut but it isn't cause they were changed wen lowerd and the ting noise was still there.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I made a thread about a week ago in regards to a weird sound coming from my mates ute (03 VY seriers2) and it sounds like beer bottles? Could this be the same thing?