Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rattling at front driver side (urgent help)

GreennySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
hi y'all

I have a rattling noise coming out from the front driver side if i drive through small bumps, however if i slow down and drive through a hump it does not have any rattle...only if i drive through like minor road holes...then it would rattle

Please help if anyone knows about this problem, i have change the suspension links and the wheel hubs but it still there...please do help

thx

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i have a simillar problem but im thinking its maybe in the door or under the dash as nothing seems loose in the front end

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
By changing suspension links, do you mean sway bar link pin bushes? These are a very coomon fault, I would be starting there, easy fix, too.

gordo881005

unholy confessions
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Storm2
DO u have a pic of what your talking about 'VYMAD', i think mine is on the way out too

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
As above, front caster rod bush, especially if the noise worsens when braking.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
No, I don't have a pic. If you raise the front of the vehicle, you'll see the sway bar ends at either side. From these ends you'll see a link pin attached to the sway bar end with rubber bushes. These then go straight up and have another set of rubber bushes at the top where they join the strut. From my experience, it's usually the top rubbers that "compress" and the washer type retaining plates make a kind of "jingling" noise like loose change in your pocket as bumps are driven over. If you can reach these upper bushes without raising the car at all, check if they are loose enough to rotate freely by hand- if so then you'd be up for new bushes. Not hard or expensive to replace yourself.

GreennySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
Yea...its the link pin bushes...but its still rattling, but I check in today again and following adds_05's advice I did took off the front driver side fender and check and there is nothing wrong so I put it back again and extra tightening the screws and drive it
Then the rattling is gone...but when it start rattling it sounded like it came from somewhere like the control arms
sorry I don't have the link pin bush picture too but I'll try to take a pic and upload it

GreennySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
The suspension links only costs abt 40 dollars from genuine holden

GreennySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
suspension links pics

look at the new metal

Attachments