Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattling Front Windows on VX

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
it seems there are a few of us with the same problem...

surely someone has the know-how on how to fix this.

sharing is caring!...

:)

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I have the same problem with drivers front (very annoying :bang:)when part way down any help would be good.
Thanks

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
must be pretty common... I get it a fair bit with my power windows. It can get quite annoying

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
im gonna take the door trim off and fiddle around with the windows on the weekend.. will post a repply if successful :)

H

h4vok14

i have a similar problem with the rattling, but whats worse is that sometimes the passenger side and driver side windows dont go back up. it works most of the time but when it doesnt it annoys the crap outta me because it usually happens when its either really hot or pouring rain!

any idea on how to fix it would be appreciated!

i own a VX S with power windows. i'm thinking about taking the door trim off but before i do that i thought i would ask if anyone had a similar problem or knew how to fix it.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
im gonna take the door trim off and fiddle around with the windows on the weekend.. will post a repply if successful :)

Did ya have any luck with this problem GRIMAVXS cause i too thave the same problem :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
Sorry - didn't have any time this weekend.

But i did complete a pretty cool CAI on my S pack :)

got the day off work today so might get around to it... will keep u posted

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As hkmonaro68 said it is probably the white nylon slides that clip onto the regulator and slide into the lift channels of the window. I converted to power windows over the weekend and put new nylon slides on all the regulators (only $3 each) When I took the old regulators out I found the nylon slides to be really worn and loose, especially the driver's window which gets used a lot more. Now when I close my door it feels like a new car, no rattles.
Unfortunately you have to remove the regulators to replace the sliders, but the setup is the same on manual and power windows.

mad_vx_5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Spac 5speed
Did anyone find a Fix for this problem? my VX has had this problem since i got it, it is also scraping the black paint on the edge of the door when the window goes down and up so it looks real ugly right now

how much and where could i get those nylon strips replaced? is it an easy DIY job if you have power windows?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ok guys, i fixed mine about a year ago. The plastic runners are about $2.50each and there is 2 per window. Take off your door trim ,The Haynes manual says you have to remove the regulator by drilling out the rivets but i found it easier to loosen the window guide channel, Thats the one that runs from the top of the window near the mirror to the bottom of the door then push it to one side . The clips are a press fit and the Holden guy said you need a special tool to press them on with but i used a small G clamp , about $2.00 from Bunnings. You just slide the clips into the channel , line up the holes with the studs on the lifter arm then tighten the clamp till the clips pop into place . Make sure that you use plenty of lube on the clips and also make sure that you don't squash the channel when doing the clamp up . Hope this helps you guys . Any probs just P.M me ,Cheers Dayvo