Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattly Dash... Lets fix this...

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
lol really? Do you think its better to just get holden to replace them all???

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not sure if 'better' is the right word - depends how good the service team are - but WAY easier! Dash dismantling is just something that I have to put in the too hard basket! lol Just such a pain in the arse! A pillars have to come down to start with - which lulls you into a false sense of security - then if you lose a clip - that's another rattle! lol

I'll tackle most things myself - but not going there! lol

I'd at least be getting a quote so you can weigh up your options.

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Cheers mate, Im going to call in tomorrow.

The thing is, however idk how to classify it, its more a creaking sound that a rattle you see.

mmhmm

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Best thing I can suggest is ask for the head tech and take him for a drive. Given rattles and creaks are such common complaints, he may have heard the same thing before and know what it is. Could save a lot of time and dollars - then again, he may be of no help at all - but it's worth a shot.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Anyone seen the new Supercheap Auto ad when the guy has a dash rattle and pulls the whole dash out of his SS only to find a couple of ear rings in the ashtray hahaha

Dunno if Supercheap is national or just WA...

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Anyone seen the new Supercheap Auto ad when the guy has a dash rattle and pulls the whole dash out of his SS only to find a couple of ear rings in the ashtray hahaha

Dunno if Supercheap is national or just WA...

It is national and yeah that add is pretty funny. I does frustrate me that people are having these sorts of issues with a commodore. I makes me wonder if upgrading from my VT one day is really worthwhile when the same issues keep coming up model after model

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I've noticed on very quiet rattle coming from the driver's door trim, but right up in the top, rear corner - right next to my shoulder - not even sure what's in there to rattle around - it must only be tiny, so I'm not going to pull the trim out for it yet - but will if it gets any worse.

Yeah it is tiny, Same one I think. Its only there sometimes too!

Also have a new squeek from the sunroof appear today. Funzies.

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
i got a rattle.. but its coming from the gear stick/box. im assuming its because i went from a dual mass flywheel to a solid flywheel. can someone confirm this?