Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb20 conversion vp ute

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
na as i said just wanna really know if i have to make eng brackets buy mounts cut this and that!! that sorta thing if u know what i mean! or if ne one has fitted a rb engine in a ute??

Nah man the Kframe from the VL bolts into a VN-S engine and all :) I think you can even use the VL gearbox mounts and front tailshaft? if not that's about all you need to change, it's 98% bolt in. The VN/P have all the same suspension and floorpan as the VB-L they just the same car with a different shaped body (and different track, so the diff although is bolt in swappable it's too short/wide depending on which body it's going in and which one it came from :))

mattis96

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Commodore
have ya thought bout an rb30 wit a rb25 head i have heard that it doesn't take much to do...

yeah that does sound good but it isnt that easy to do, on skylines australia there is a forum with over 200 pages with trying to do that conversion and all the little things you need to know will probably take a while to sought through it all.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
there is a bloke in melbourne who sells rb30's with double overhead cam heads. for about 2200 i think.. might be a little more. i use to have his web site but i have lost it. his ebay name is "thatchaddyguy". from what i read all he does is works on rb30's. so just incase anyone is interested now ya can look him up..