Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb20 conversion vp ute

wotatoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ute
hi has ne one done a conversion for a rb 20 motor??? just gathering info so if u can help thanx :thumbsup:

PSI234

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VN Commodore
yeah it has been done before into a vn sedan,problem with the rb20 is that its a 2L and wouldn't have as much torque as say the 2.5L rb25 so hence would be a better conversion keeping in mind the v6 is a 3.8 L nearly twice as big as the rb20.....still would be a cool conversion though

GLD-086

Reaction score
Shame that the RB30, is older then the VP.

That would be ideal.

wotatoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ute
yeah i was in a vl with a rb 20 turbo and it went like the clappers and i was thinking in my ute being lighter might be alright thankx tho did you know the bloke???

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You should be able to get a rb30 into the VN right through to VS legally as they came in the Series 3 skyline that ran the same emissions adr

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
You should be able to get a rb30 into the VN right through to VS legally as they came in the Series 3 skyline that ran the same emissions adr

theres someone on the forums with a VN calais turbo, with A RB30 conversion, dont think its done yet but looks good

still, why not just buy a VL turbo and go crazy??? i suppose if u wanna be diffrent, rb20 would be a plain waste of time, and same with rb25, use the RB30 as they'res about 4,000,000,000 of the motors sitting at wreckers

wotatoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ute
thanks slowly starting to convert me to a rb 30 whats the difference in fuel ecconomy?? are the engine mounting points the same through out the rb engine range???

wotatoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ute
na as i said just wanna really know if i have to make eng brackets buy mounts cut this and that!! that sorta thing if u know what i mean! or if ne one has fitted a rb engine in a ute??

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
search this forum. this topic has been brought up a time or two before. everytime i learn something new. so it would be worth doing a search