Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb20 mods

D

Dramaz

i have a rb20, i wanna no if this engine is better than the rb30 and if the rb30 head fits the rb20 block, i figure the rb20 revs higher having a shorter stroke. afta changing the head if possible would it decompress the engine enough 4 a turbo?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

evl

rb 20 aint enuff info dude...... rb20e/rb20de. im guessin it aint a turbo an bein a holden site ur most likly a kiwi with a 2l single cam or a roo with a skyline twincam.
either way ditch the 2l an build a rb30det. mmmmmm cubed,compressed an an extra cam im in heaven........ oopps sorry dude got carried away

D

David84

Yeah na seriously... ditch that little rb20. The 3L is superiour, and yeah grab a rb25/26de head, lower compression pistons and you'll be set for that turbo manifold youve always dreamed of... youll also need new injectors, ecu etc etc

Dont waste your money and time on the rb20. theres no need to keep the block

KnobMuffin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 2L
Why ditch the rb20e? They have potential, they also go very hard. Have you actually seen some of the preformance coming out of skyline rb20e's? considering most skylines after mods weigh over 1.5 tone and the good old rb20e weights 1.4 tone after mods, around 1.3 tone stock.

Ive been down to the local drags and seen some rb20e skylines and vl's pulling more than 300hp. Port and polishing the heads, nice intercooler, turbo, manual. Loads of torque mmmmm

I have everything mapped and ready to go on my mint vl, target is 350hp and it's easily acheivable

put that in your pipe and smoke it

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
Why ditch the rb20e? They have potential, they also go very hard. Have you actually seen some of the preformance coming out of skyline rb20e's? considering most skylines after mods weigh over 1.5 tone and the good old rb20e weights 1.4 tone after mods, around 1.3 tone stock.

Ive been down to the local drags and seen some rb20e skylines and vl's pulling more than 300hp. Port and polishing the heads, nice intercooler, turbo, manual. Loads of torque mmmmm

I have everything mapped and ready to go on my mint vl, target is 350hp and it's easily acheivable

put that in your pipe and smoke it

im assuming you mean rb20det.... rb20e would be a single cam non turbo engine. hardly a powerhouse.

KnobMuffin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 2L
rb20det correct, but have seen some amazing hp from just the good old n/a tuning, port and polishing, yeah single cam, but shorter stroke, im currently working on mine at the moment, it's hitting 158hp with some simple n/a tuning and mods (all basic noob mods as well), really want to get a nice eprom reader, and get a preripherial plug going on with a small asus pc. :D chip dumps, and diagnostics.

mmmm now im in heaven, lol

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
i look at it this way,

would you rather spending 3g on a motor to get 200kw
or a grand to achieve the same thing easier, safer and more reliable