Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB20E to RB20DE Conversion?

K

Krullos

I've just acquired a new (to me) RB20E engine with a blown head gasket, and am in the process of getting it going to replace my current engine which is on her last legs, and thought while it was apart, why not make it that little bit gruntier.

What is involved in converting it to Twin Cam? I'm looking at a guy that is selling cylinder head and manifold from a RB20DE... is it just a case of swapping the heads and bolting the new one on to my RB20E block, or is it much more technical and involved than that?

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
i'm not sure mate, but just thought i'd tell u that u would have more luck posting on a skyline site if you are talking about rb20's.

im confused?? you dont mean rb30 do u? have u got a rb20e in your vl at the moment? cos the factory motor was the rb30 motor.. 3Litre not 2litre...

though i have seen a vl with a rb20det which was wierd lol

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeh i ahve seen some of the turbo models with the rb20de in them.....its weird cos they go soo hard too

KnobMuffin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 2L
Uhhh the vl didn't just have a 3.0 litre engine, it also came in the two litre straight six, and also alot of single camera straight 6's (the 2.0 litre) models got sold to nz. I know because i own one. It is infact an rb20e

Jez know before you speak :p