Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb25det and 2jz-gte

prince_dj666

hypo v6
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2112842/1
rb20det's are ok. i used to have one im my 180sx. it was kinda sweet. s15 front end, fluro green paint job with black roof n bonnent, graphics, nearly indentical to fast n furious1. just not a mitsubishi eclipse. rb20det's r a bit more revvy than the rb25det's. im after a new car or new engine for mine... but i dont want another holden engine... something diff.

OVA17

Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP EXECUTIVE
1JZGTE, but if u got the money go for the 2JZGTE. both motors, 700HP single turbo, front mount, computer, fuel system. wil go good. but it all comes down to money. my2cents

KADE

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you want to use any of the RB motors in the VN you use the VL RB K frame in the VN, then it bolts in

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
greenfoam said:
If you want to use any of the RB motors in the VN you use the VL RB K frame in the VN, then it bolts in
Spot on. the vl's rb30 motorand box bolt straight up to your vn chassis. the only thing you will need to do is to modify your driveshaft slightly to suit. alot of things u need will be from holden, not much frabrication required.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
or if you wanna get crazy, drop a 13B rotary in it... i once saw a picture of that done, those engines make 300kw with not much work required, the 1JZ is still a pretty good engine, just oldmy next door neibour has a 89 supra with a 1JZ (twin turbo) anyone seen the supra with a OMGWTF turbo on it??? ill find the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzYl3cF-xMU
i dont want to imagine how much pound its running.....

the 2JZ's are good for ALOT of power

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
the rb conv is the most popular because of availability and $$, the toyota motors tend to have higher price tags... it would be different though. Also HZ's were shipped to japan in late 70's with 13b conv for jap market as factory so rotarys have been done before..

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Pity a stock VN would be allready finished the race by the time the Supra spooled up :p