Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB26 heads on RB30 block

Whos Magic

Gnomesaying?
Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK (RB30), 94 VR (FSM), 86 VL Calais, 86 VLCT
I have a Nissan rb30 in a VK and im looking at putting the Nissan rb26 heads on it..

Im truly confused on this, Alot of people are saying its realtivly easy and not to expensive and on the other hand alot of people are saying its expensive and complicated.
So im asking if anyone knows any details and/or pricing on how to convert a rb30 to rb26/30?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I have a Nissan rb30 in a VK and im looking at putting the Nissan rb26 heads on it..

Im truly confused on this, Alot of people are saying its realtivly easy and not to expensive and on the other hand alot of people are saying its expensive and complicated.
So im asking if anyone knows any details and/or pricing on how to convert a rb30 to rb26/30?

Depend who you are talking to. I would think its easy or cheap though.

Whos Magic

Gnomesaying?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ive been told you that the 26 head also have bigger head studs and apparently you need to tap the block to match the 26 head studs and it drops right on? Then other people are saying it takes about 10-12k to do this.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The 26 head by itself is extremely expensive. 25 would be a cheaper option. The cam belt tensioner pulley needs to be relocated, so this requires tapping a new hole on the front of the block somewhere (it has to be dead on perfect). One of the twin cam RB heads requires modification of the oil galleries and water jackets to fit on the RB30, not sure which one (might be a Neo head).

On top of that you will need exhaust manifold(s), new exhaust, entire RB loom, ECU and ignition system, AFM, etc... Pretty much all of the running gear from a Skyline minus the block.

If you're running this N/A, don't even bother, it's not worth it. Unless this RB30 is going to built it's not worth it. Plenty of people are making big power on single cam heads though.

Since you asked about pricing, professional = lots of money. 10-12k would probably be pretty accurate for all parts provided and fitted drive in drive out.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The 26 head by itself is extremely expensive. 25 would be a cheaper option. The cam belt tensioner pulley needs to be relocated, so this requires tapping a new hole on the front of the block somewhere (it has to be dead on perfect). One of the twin cam RB heads requires modification of the oil galleries and water jackets to fit on the RB30, not sure which one (might be a Neo head).

On top of that you will need exhaust manifold(s), new exhaust, entire RB loom, ECU and ignition system, AFM, etc... Pretty much all of the running gear from a Skyline minus the block.

If you're running this N/A, don't even bother, it's not worth it. Unless this RB30 is going to built it's not worth it. Plenty of people are making big power on single cam heads though.

Since you asked about pricing, professional = lots of money. 10-12k would probably be pretty accurate for all parts provided and fitted drive in drive out.

I know thats for the 25det head, thats just for the VVT. 25DE fits stright on, I have seen it being done.

Whos Magic

Gnomesaying?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its currently N/A..i was thinking i put a t3/t4 on, or would that cause more harm than good? i would upgrade the headgaskets, injecters and other bits and pieces etc

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Whole lot of hassle and head aches when the single cam can still pull big numbers fine with the right mods.