Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 / auto box engine miss

GRPAVL

Reaction score
Website
homepages.ihug.co.nz
Members Ride
1987 VL Calais Walkinshaw
Noticed it when I bought my project but thought it must have been bad fuel as the car had sat for a year before me purchasing.

When I picked it up it ran fine but now it has started to miss again.

It only does it down low in the rev range while accelerating, once you get to about 3000 or 3500 it does away but then the auto shifts and off you go again.

Ive checked plugs (seem fine), air filter clean, leads look good.

Im not to fussed about it but if its something easy ill fix it before swapping the v8 from my donor in as teh 6 will be going into the donor and resold.

any help appreciated.

Q

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Could be the air flow meter or CAS on their way out

GRPAVL

Reaction score
Website
homepages.ihug.co.nz
Members Ride
1987 VL Calais Walkinshaw
Detox - i did. hence why i checked the basics then asked as I couldnt really find a recent one and didnt want to rehash the unanswered one from about 16mnths ago. all good though.

87rb - cheers. might try removing the AFM this weekend and giving it a bit of a clean up then see how she runs. whats a CAS ?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Crank Angle Sensor, pretty much tells the ECU when to tell the plugs to fire if I'm not mistaken, or something like that. It control the spark pretty much lol.

Imo the search on these forums is pretty half assed, I usually google "Vl running rough justcommodores" so it finds those key words on JC and you just check the threads from google, bit easier