Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30 can only run rich

Lahey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
I have a problem with my rb30 when i had my standard fuel reg on the engine ,when i would rev it would make this huge sucking air sound then the engine will make a popping sound, but when i put my adjustable fuel reg once i make thr fuel really rich it would stop all that and seem perfectly normal, so would anyone know whats happening and how i could fix it?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
set the fuel reg to the line pressure the old one was (or original line pressure from factory) otherwise ur going to throw out all the fueling unless u get the ecu adjusted to suit

Lahey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Ye i did that line in and line out, i just swaped the regs around

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Lahey, 07GTS was not telling you to just swap the old Reg for the new adjustable reg, he was telling you to set the line pressure of your new adjustable reg to the factory specifications so that the cars ECU knows what it is doing.

Lahey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Well i put it to 31 psi as the manual says but it does the same thing

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
is the old reg a vacuum referenced..? or constant pressure, new one will need to be set up the same

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ok was the pressure set with the fuel pump running but engine not running..? im just basing this off other engines im not sure what the rb30 manual says but normally pressure is set without engine running cos the vacuum lowers the pressure so it cant be set that way accurately, also is the new one the same ratio ? 1:1 ect

Lahey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Im not sure about the ratio i dont know wbout that stuff, but ye i did set it when thr engine was running, could i set it now whrn its off? Too the correct psi, but i dont see how any of tgat will help anyway since it was doing tge sucking and popping sounds when the standard fuel pressure reg was on coz i bought two standard ones and the guys said they worked on there engines just fine

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
depending on the vacuum its best to set them up right u can get a 5-8+ odd psi difference at idle and that will affect fuel (should say on box or instructions what the ratio is) u may have another issue also but if this is set up right then at least u know u can rule it out and look alse ware, yes if u can run the pump with engine off and set it then it will be good, if it goes away when it was richer then the injectors may be needing attention but u really need a way to check the AFR cos the popping can be a lean event miss fire or a plug fouling or even a few other things