Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30 details?

IThaJokaI

Reaction score
Members Ride
'93 nissan hardbody - rbdet swap
hey, Im from the US... I have read about your rb30 for about a year now. I just bought my first nissan.

I am very familiar with the rb series motor(rb20,25,and 26) But I have a few questions regarding the RB block from down under.

And here they are:

Does the RB30E use the same block as its native brothers?
In that case, would it use the same mounting location?
Does it use the same bellhousing bolt pattern?

I am basically looking for differences to get together so I can be sure what parts to order when It comes time.

And on top of that, do any of you have the write ups for a RB30DET? I had them on my old CPU but it crashed.

Also, do any of you gents know where I could pick up a decent Rb30E in running condition and have it shipped to the states?

Thanks for any help in advance,
-Mike

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mike as far as I know everyone bolts straight up so you have no problems there, there are some reviews of the VL turbo out on the web still but I haven't looked for a while. To order one from Australia is going to take some dedication. I had a plan once to export them to the states because I get tired of being at the wrecking yards and seeing them all get crushed with the cars when I know very well Americans would pay $1000 for one :). I don't know of any companys that export motors to the states but if there are any you would be able to find them online, maybe the best bet would be find someone that exports Australian muscles cars if they could get a rb30 in one of their containers

jazzawithvg38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Exec
basically the same as bigger motor but doesnt have holes in the block to accomidate the doulble overhead cam. also if you are planning to put turbo on it you need a series 2 block as it has a oil bung for turbo drain