Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 Engine Troubleshooting/Maintenance Step by step

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
cheers for that:thumbsup: , yah i totaly over looked that thread, didnt rember it was there :bang:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
updated the first post,
was a little fault in the info which was corrected on SC which i was not aware off.

so bumpsy to the top once again

comando man

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30 r33
so if i clear the memory it will still work aye like does that just clear all the codes that show

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
yeah it just clears the codes... so if u clear it and then run a diagnostic again u will only have the faults display and not previous ones

lukee1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx series 2 2001 3.8 lt
how do you do these tests or where to start if your car isnt within specs 750 give or take at idle as thats what im trying to fix idling at 3 - 500 rpm

lukee1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx series 2 2001 3.8 lt
what do u mean by turn the ignition on and the voltage reading should be between 1.26V (lean) and 1.32V (rich). this is the base setting and if it is out then the AFM wont be able to be adjusted to a satisfactory mixture (meaning you need a new one)

and just for interests sake you can test the mixture by putting the probes on wire 1 and 3 with the key on and measuring the voltage. 3.6V is the factory setting which is lean, with 2.0V being rich.

so if i turn on ignition its goin to give me a ready of 1.2 1.32 but then you say to turn it on again or do u mean start the car as its confusing how can i turn it on twice and get 2 different readings

and by the way this info is copy and pasted out of gregory's hand book for vl give credit were credits due not taking the fact that it was p[roberly typed and put iin order so still alot of work involved