Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb30 Hybrid

C

calaiscairns

Want to put a DET head on my rb30. Was going to hunt around for a rb25DET but have found a rb20DET. I know you can get a timing belt for the 25 to 30 conversion. Would the 20 to 30 be the same.

A

Azza82

An rb26dett head on a rb30 block makes the best god damed skyline engine ever,end of story.
So get a rb26 mate and all your 10 second dreams will come true.

Bubba

Feel Good Inc.
Reaction score
Members Ride
fully sick push bike!
im not sure itd be easy putting the rb20 head on the rb30 bottom end, there wouldnt be any advantages anyway, stick with a rb25 or rb26

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
if youre not going to go full on drag racing, then why not keep the rb30 head and spend the $$'s elsewhere?

M

moogaabee waa

Rb 30

The Rb30 being dicussed is a non turbo isnt it.

If you stuck a RB26 head on, What would be the power increase, costs and work involved(getting a professional to do the job)

S

sads

rb20 heads dont line up with rb30's diffrent water galaries, the best option is to use a rb25de the cheapest option of the rb range and and it all lines up no worries

C

calaiscairns

Have recently scored a 3L turbo block for cheep. Assuming that the crack testing comes back good and the forgies are okay, I was wondering if it would be worth while using the short motor with the standard head set up and no turbo. I am assuming that it should increase the compression a bit but would like clarification. Cheers

D

DIXIE

why have no turbo?

its about 100000X more fun driving a 3l turbo vs an NA 3l....

E

evl

TURBO AND TWINCAM............... rb20's are diff. sad is on the money with the water gallerys an theres a coupla other bits 2. rb26dett is the dream but back here in middle earth rb25 bits do the job. get a aftermarket ecu too. get it on the dyno with a gud tuner an shell b mint.....