Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 into VK Calais

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
Im not really ready to do this, but id like to find out about it, i know its been done and can be done, i seen you can buy the engine mounts etc from rodshop.com.au , what i want to know about is the digital dash in the calais. how would everything work? call me stupid lol. i can understand the speedo etc, what id like to know about is all the readouts the vk has, like fuel consumption etc. how does that all work with a nissan motor in it?

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
wouldnt have a clue how it would work, but would be easyer to put the vl dash into it than all u do it put the wireing harnes into it as well.?

G

Grantis1976

cant help you with the dash, but the rb30 swap...I've done !!!

Into a VC for my dad, he bought a VL turbo from a insurance auction, as the car had rolled. We removed EVERYTHING from underneath.... fuel tank, diff, crossmembers, radiators, tailshaft etc.........

If you have a wreaked VL to get it all from, your laughing !!!

You'll also find that in a VB-VH, the RB30 doesn't suffer the same air pocket problem as in a VL, as the top of the radiator sits alittle highier in the earlier girls!

Good Luck !!!:hit: :driving:

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
heh, cheers, nice info, yeah if im going to do it, it will be out of a wrecking vl, of which a guy i know has 2 of. lol, he has a fairly nice VL and th eother 2 are parts. the guy is insane, its got an LS1 in it as far as I know, anyway the thing hauls ass, b4 that he was running a stock 308 in a vk, which he had added (i think they were VT) injectors. Anyway that thing ran good times to. Lol, life would be easier with money i guess.

G

Grantis1976

if you have a look through the trading post / local papers, you'll find that unreg. VL's are cheap as chips. Perfect for the next project !!!

:driving:

Mr Robbo - The General

Defect Notice Attractor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Statesman 5L
lol...hmmm, i dunno, im thinking more efi v8 in a couple of years, wont waste money on rb30 coversion or pour money into modding the black 202. im happy to leave it as is, looking sounding and going nice. not exactly a race winner, but im happy enough, i expect to put in an efi v8 in about a year.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
saw your thread..

and thought it was interesting. I'm currently in the middle of a RB30 conv into a vk. The old 3.3 was well gone and a cheap vl was bought for the conv. Its been very straight foward so far... the only hiccup is the vl loom into the vk dash....