Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30 issues

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So somehow i can now get 2 injectors to spit, but none of the others are working, even when i just rotate the dizzy manually ...does this sound like another cas?

Won't be the CAS as the injectors batch fire. They will all spit or none will. The fact that you'getting 2 to spit would point towards wiring or the connectors, or a fuel blockage.

NtHL94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore Rb30, Also have SSV VE
Thanks mate! :D ill do a clean of them aswell... cheers

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
How is the fuel pressure?

NtHL94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sitting at the 2bar mark when ignition on...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That sounds a bit low.

NtHL94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys what you think of this fuel colour?

Attachments

• 20201224_104350.jpg
    20201224_104350.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 125

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hey guys what you think of this fuel colour?
Normally, with a full tank of quality fuel, you should be able to clearly see the bottom of the tank through the fuel pump opening. You should also see a slight color tinge based the type of fuel used as aussie fuel contains an added dye. Premium is dyed yellow while unleaded or e10 is dyed purple or bronze, however it’s more a tinge than a solid colour hence you’ll clearly see the tank bottom through the fuel (and any rust in the tank bottom of it’s made of metal).

But the best way to examine fuel quality is to pump some out into a 2 litre clear (coke) bottle, then let it sit for a few hours or over night where any stratification or phase separation will be evident (as will any sediment within the fuel). You shouldn’t see such issues unless the fuel is contaminated.

So assuming your picture is looking down into the fuel tank via the fuel pump opening (fuel pump removed), then I’d say something is definitely wrong with whatever fluid is in your tank. At a guess, I’d say you’ve had e10 sitting in a tank for a few months in a humid environment which causes phase separation and/or cloudiness (sometimes even going towards a milky colour). Whether the fuel was sitting in your tank and picked up moisture from the atmosphere over months or whether you pumped it in such a state from the bowser at the local should be apparent to you as you know how old the fuel you bought is...

I’ve had fuel contamination twice so i know it ain’t fun...

PS: was that pic before you cleaned the tank and lines, etc, or after cleaning the fuel system and filling up with “quality” fuel?

Last edited:

NtHL94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Normally, with a full tank of quality fuel, you should be able to clearly see the bottom of the tank through the fuel pump opening. You should also see a slight color tinge based the type of fuel used as aussie fuel contains an added dye. Premium is dyed yellow while unleaded or e10 is dyed purple or bronze, however it’s more a tinge than a solid colour hence you’ll clearly see the tank bottom through the fuel (and any rust in the tank bottom of it’s made of metal).

But the best way to examine fuel quality is to pump some out into a 2 litre clear (coke) bottle, then let it sit for a few hours or over night where any stratification or phase separation will be evident (as will any sediment within the fuel). You shouldn’t see such issues unless the fuel is contaminated.

So assuming your picture is looking down into the fuel tank via the fuel pump opening (fuel pump removed), then I’d say something is definitely wrong with whatever fluid is in your tank. At a guess, I’d say you’ve had e10 sitting in a tank for a few months in a humid environment which causes phase separation and/or cloudiness (sometimes even going towards a milky colour). Whether the fuel was sitting in your tank and picked up moisture from the atmosphere over months or whether you pumped it in such a state from the bowser at the local should be apparent to you as you know how old the fuel you bought is...

I’ve had fuel contamination twice so i know it ain’t fun...

PS: was that pic before you cleaned the tank and lines, etc, or after cleaning pcuel system and filling up with “quality” fuel?
Thankyou soo much for the reply, i 100000%% agree hehe... embarrassing and admittedly, after rebuilding motor, and putting everything else back together, the last thing we checked, admittedly should have been the first ....was the fuel, after contacting previous owner, the fuel had actually been sitting for several years, hence the amazing fumes from the tank i guess, never smelt something soo toxic :( when we purchased the car it was running on pick-up, running on very low fuel level, so we filled with 98 and added fuel additive/injector clean.... looks like we'll be having fun draining the tank lol. P.s MERY XMAS EVERYONE. AND NEW YRS

NtHL94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Allright so i have rebuilt the fuel system, new pump, dropped the tank and has been cleaned, re-sealed/painted all the lines, filter etc replaced... still no luck :( however makes really nice and clean fuel pressure to the injectors now