Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30 mods..

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
does anyone know the advantages of using falcon AFM?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Never even heard of it to be honest. I don't think there would be any difference or if it'd work at all.

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
the stock computer probably won't be compatible, then you would need a aftermarket one, then you may as well get a tune without an afm

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
I've heard of XF throttles but anyone know if there is any advantage. It just seems like a lot of effort for squat..

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
i see where your coming from, if your using a xf throttle body, its easy to get your hands on a bigger diameter air ducting, but a larger AFM is a bit harder to find, look into it mate, and let me know as i'd like to get my hands on a larger one that is compatible.

The 3.0l Nissan Patrol uses the RB30 still and the air intake side might be bigger, you might be able to use one out of a patrol then, look into it mate.

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
the rb30 in the patrol is carby fed isn't it? so intake bits will be useless

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah its carby fed.

I wouldn't worry too much, Unless you could pull it apart and put it in a new piece of pipe. But i dont think it'd make a difference at all. Especially with stock t/b. And stock inlet. And stock engine.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
Are there many people who make a plenum that goes forward instead of across? Trying to eliminate some pipeworks...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Theres a few that weld it up and cut into the stock plenum yeah. But if you've got a few dollars laying around its worth getting a new plenum all together.

Theres a few people that have even just put a 180 in there pipe straight from the t/b .. it works but it looks ridiculous