Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30 N/A Conversion to ET Questions Thanks fellas

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Rb30 N/A Conversion to Turbo Questions Thanks fellas

Ok Lads just a few questions regarding a conversion to turbo from an N/A

Firstly the N/A Auto Trans: will this hold up with the extra power i am delivering.
Possibly install a trans cooler or have it rebuilt stronger be adequate?

Can i Use N/A Injectors and ECU (low boost prob 6-7 safe?)for the conversion temporary untill i get a hold of the Turbo injectors and ECU (Is this plug and play). i have read that i may have to change a pin for the fuel pump to work????? or not

Should i install a Rising Fuel Rate Regulator as well after the factory reg?

Also chasing 3" Intercooler piping to suit N/A intake plenum over the rocker cover. or can i get one cheap somewhere.
I have a MIG welder at work maybe source bends and straight pipe and make my own.

Turbo Oil Return appropriate Piping as in fuel safe/heat safe where can i get some from and what ID is appropriate 10mm Id???

Thanks guys appreciate your help.
Nath

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
theres questions i want answered too bro i have the same box..

i have water lines, still need to get oil lines made up, do u think there the same size .. i can measure them for u if u like.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Firstly the N/A Auto Trans: will this hold up with the extra power i am delivering.

If you're lucky, yes - if not, you can rebuild it stronger once it's bust.

Can i Use N/A Injectors and ECU (low boost prob 6-7 safe?)for the conversion temporary untill i get a hold of the Turbo injectors and ECU (Is this plug and play). i have read that i may have to change a pin for the fuel pump to work????? or not

I think the pin for fuel pump is when putting a VLT ecu into a skyrine. - yes you 'can' run a na ecu and injectors on low boost - but retard the timing on the dizzy by a few degrees, and run high octane fuel. this will be the 'safest' thing you can do until you upgrade to vlt.

keep in mind, you can get the n/a ecu remapped to suit bigger injectors and get a tune done on it at just over the price of a vlt ecu.

Should i install a Rising Fuel Rate Regulator as well after the factory reg?

nope. - not if you're going to get vlt injectors/ecu, or vlt injectors and a remap.

Also chasing 3" Intercooler piping to suit N/A intake plenum over the rocker cover. or can i get one cheap somewhere.

"GK tech" cooler kit. looks pretty, and made on machines in china then imported - so nice and cheap.

Turbo Oil Return appropriate Piping as in fuel safe/heat safe where can i get some from and what ID is appropriate 10mm Id???

Enzed/pirtek. the thread on the block is 3/4" BSP from memory? (double check as i'm not 100%!!) - you can run a right angle threaded barb and a bent (but not kinked) hose onto your metal pipe that comes down from the turbo.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
"GK tech" cooler kit. looks pretty, and made on machines in china then imported - so nice and cheap.
cant agree more on the GKtech
for the price its good and can flow up to 350rwkw apparently, fits perfect and no holes need cutting

picture755660ssssss.jpg

picture755661ssssss.jpg

picture755670sssssss.jpg

Enzed/pirtek. the thread on the block is 3/4" BSP from memory? (double check as i'm not 100%!!) - you can run a right angle threaded barb and a bent (but not kinked) hose onto your metal pipe that comes down from the turbo
its 3/4" BSP tappered barb
as for the pipe i couldnt find the size and oil resistant one so i used a 90 degree bend from a coolant pipe
it will get soggy eventually but ill just replace it

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Thanks heaps for your reply fellas thats awsome.
One thing i have a high mount turbo manifold
with the GKteck will it be in the way?? possibly