Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30 NA mods

LRyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Without spending mega dollars on strengthening the internals so you can run a really high compression and high revs your only route is forced induction. You could keep your block and strengthen the internals to make way for a Skyline head - RB25DET or RB26DETT and use the low down torque of the 3.0ltr with the power of the turbos and greater flowing head.

If you do stay N/A, then fit a Skyline head anyway (RB25DE) for the better flow characteristics and the ability to change the specs of the cams then tune them using timing gears.

Have a look over at skylines aus for inspirating for DET head conversion. Some of the NA boys with RB30DE's are making 130-150rwkw with high comp engines. All depends how much money you want to spend, and how much power you want to make.

lukee1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx series 2 2001 3.8 lt
I would like a quick as N/A RB30 maybe some thing that would beat a stock v8. maybe not dust it but still gives it a good run.. i dont like bolt on HP unless it has had all the money spent on the inernals aswell i think its cheating. u would have more enjoyment from beating some thing in a N/A than if you hav just gone out an screwd on a big fat ass super charger... it would all so sound killa if you heard some on saying " u know that sik as vs ss etc with that super charger? i seen it last night an this N/A VL(could be any thing) blew is doors off"
come on winning is winning if u spend $10 grand on a n/a and still get beaten by a stock turbo rb30 for 2 grand how is that cheating sounds like your just waisting money