Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30 turbo water return line help

lars04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman 304
Gday, can someone please help, i have a gq with the rb30 efi im in the process of chucking a turbo on ive got everything sorted but the water return ive googled it and keep getting different answers. Can someone post up a picture or give me a good explanation of where it goes. Help would be great cheers.

H

harrop.senator

You using a series 3 block or a8? If its an na vl block most dont have the bung pre tapped into the block.

lars04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman 304
You using a series 3 block or a8? If its an na vl block most dont have the bung pre tapped into the block.

Hey mate the motor is out of a r31 it has all the feed bungs in the block and the oil return im just stumped on where the coolant returns too

H

harrop.senator

No pictures as dont have a dirty thirty here but it returns around the drivers side. Ducks behind the head and goes into the intake manifold near the firewall in a real karnt of a spot.

lars04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman 304
No pictures as dont have a dirty thirty here but it returns around the drivers side. Ducks behind the head and goes into the intake manifold near the firewall in a real karnt of a spot.

Haha of course it is, cheers bloke!

H

harrop.senator

Actually i have a feeling itll be soft line all the way and only the twin cams ran the hard pipe up to the firewall. Go and have a look next to the thermostat housing up the front. Sorry dude been years since I've worked on a sohc.

H

harrop.senator

The twinkys have a metal pipe that goes up the block under the intake and goes soft round the corner for about 100mm then hard line til it spits out at the manifold and soft again or hard with banjo pending set up. Being na originally you my need to t piece a return in not sure if they bung it off or if its in use on aspirated motor.

lars04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman 304
The twinkys have a metal pipe that goes up the block under the intake and goes soft round the corner for about 100mm then hard line til it spits out at the manifold and soft again or hard with banjo pending set up. Being na originally you my need to t piece a return in not sure if they bung it off or if its in use on aspirated motor.
To easy mate ill have a look around tomorrow.
Cheers