Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30DET compression

cracker

Reaction score
i already have the head with cams and exhaust manifold and dump pipe all i need is a plenum,sensors,dizzy,injectors etc. No i dont want big power just a quick and reliable street car. and i really like the note of the rb25 too and i thought that combination would make the power i want easily. 220 - 280 kw
Surely that wont cost much more than a rb30 single cam build

gt35 standard manifolds, skyline injectors 440cc , single 044 or twin standard pumps and an after market ecu

piss it in.

88-SERIES200

Reaction score
Members Ride
rb30det VL wagon project, VL series 200
Your going to have to go forgies for the pistons to clearance the head They're an off the shelf item these days as its a common mod.

I assumed that you didnt have all the gear already which is why i said go single Cam.

You could probably keep the bottom end to 2000 including piston which are going to be half that cost

Thats about the price i figured out. After paying a shop to do the machining then putting the bottom end together myself. (with alot of double checking and checking clearances etc) BUT i will need to get someone to weld up the vct on the head if i cant somehow adapt it to the 30 block.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
good luck.

youl spend $5000 in parts nearly........

then wiring aftermarket ecu
tunning it
then theres trans
diff

etc to worry about