Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RB30e Cracked Head / Head Gasket

ian94mt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina Wagon RB30
Hey. My vl has a cracked head and buggered gasket. It is currently chemwelded so that it is driveable but i need to fix it before i end up blowing up my engine or something. Only problem is i dont really know what parts i need and what parts can be saved. Ill need a new head gasket + what else?

I can pick up a new head cheap enough but i cannot find a rb30e head gasket anywhere, and was wondering because the bore is the same could i use a RB25 or 26 gasket?

Cheers.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
RB25 head and intake......j/k, single cam all the way

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Supercheap Auto Car Parts Guide. Search over 200,000 car parts online.

select make, model and year of car, category engine and exhaust, sub category gaskets.
next page select item type "Cylinder Head Gasket"

and there it is at the bottom

BRAND:ACL EzyFit NISSAN RB30 GASKET CYL HEAD

part# BP550EZ

$27.95

If you don't want to order it online then your local sca or other parts store will be able to order it in

You'll also need intake & exhaust gaskets (maybe the exhaust flange gasket if it's a stock manifold and header pipe)
How old is your timing belt? while it's all in pieces would be a good time to replace it.
I'd also advise putting new exhaust studs in the head before assembling as they are prone to breaking (if they break in the head it's a pita trying to get the out when there's a car in the way)

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
If the head is cracked it will need to be welded or replaced.... Any head shop can supply a VRS set for a RB30 & 99% of kits do turbo & non turbo as the gaskets are all the same besides the plenum gasket....