Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30e to Rb30et (Highcomp)

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
Hey guys how do you retard the timing by 15 degree's ?

And with regards to a turbo for example a rb25det turbo and vl t3 is there much difference and what sort off wastegate springs do they have fromt factory and is it hard to replace the springs to run 10 - 12psi ?

I sold my turbo so i am looking for a new one again. Also my mate who is really good at welding and building performance motors and s**t said he can help me with my intercooler kit setup so i am going to get a 600x300x76 intercooler and 2.5 inch piping for it.

Only problem i have now is these intercoolers have 3 inch inlet and outlet so when i get it i am going to have two 90 degree bends going in towards the motor and then i am thinking off using if you can get these a 3 inch to 2.5 inch silicon joiner. Can you get these type off joiners ?

And if you guys could please post up some pics off your intercooler piping setup that would be sick it would really help me out with my kit.

thank you

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Quick question,

I have put the feelers out for a cheap vl project car, we'll see how far i get with that one, HAH.

How hard it is to turbo a s1 RB30 (ie no oil/water lines tapped into block?)

I know for oil feed i can get a sandwich plate between oil filter and engine....

Water feed shouldn't be difficult?

Oil return is gravity fed back to sump? This could be a pain in the scheme of things...

I guess i'm better off just waiting till the right RB30 comes around, and has these ports tapped.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi mate i think you would be better off just dropping in a series 2 block since they have the pre drilled holes.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Well since i dont yet have a car i'm just going to get a series 2 VL, but was just weighing up the ease of converting a s1 block

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Technicaly you can mod the sump for oil drain but it has to be high enough so it drains freely. A mate had a sump made up years ago

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Yeah probably a bit to much stufing around for my liking. I'll just keep an eye out for a later model vl.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
yes u can get those joiners ur on about Mezza,, thats what i have as well when i get home ill post up the routing i have done for my cooler. My piping was already bent i did not use the 90degree joiners.. + These Joiners are expensive :p

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok cool mate.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Last edited: