Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30e to Rb30et (Highcomp)

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Another question, can you buy the VL turbo knock sensors new? I just bought a VL turbo Auto ECU.

Just need turbo, intercooler piping, knock sensor and maybe a better wastegate.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
dont really need the knock sensor.... could be of use but have it if u really wanna be more cautious.
If ur doing a Highcomp Setup set it to 10psi with turbo inj and Ecu. will have a lot of fun and be fine for a daily providing u dont flog it everywhere.
I have looked for a knock sensor a few times and its getting hard to find one. i missed out on one on ebay went for $30 missed it by 50c. But keep an eye out or search calaisturbo for sales.
Wire it up to pin 21 on the ecu pin connector and screw it in the block. goes under the inlet plenum between cylinders 3 and 4 in the tapped hole..

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Thanks mate,

It was more of a Want and not a need. I do plan on running boost around 10psi, hoping for around 180rwkw.

Car will be a Street/Drift car on a budget :), Probably won't be my daily, that's what the WH is for!

Did you buy your injectors 2nd hand or new? Hoping to get some later on from ebay 2nd hand, what's a fair price, around $200 or less? It seems they are $100 an injector new.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
im going high comp.

guna run as much boost as i can and go for gold :)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
What about the oil drain setup guys? Have feed sorted out, would prefer something that i can just clamp a hose on either end, rather then worying about braided hose and speedflow fittings.

What do you guys do for the oil drain/return?

For the block fitting - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Engin...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230a0abb0f

For the turbo fitting - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Billet-Alumi...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f6ccca5a

And for the hose ends? - http://www.speedflow.com.au/hoseends.html

1x 45 degree -10AN and 1x straight -10AN hose end?

With some 19mm ID oil safe rubber hose?

I can't seem to find any barbed fittings for the block otherwise it could be as simple as getting some hose and clamping it on either end?

Last edited:

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
yes u can.. go to pirtek thats what i did and i got a barb fitting to fit the block for drain. my hose is 19mm Dia and have had no probs.. its a blue hose and very durable was like $15 for a piece @ 400 long..

Go there with the bung from the block (use just the ratchet without a socket on it and it fits so 1/2" and undo it) and get them to match the thread pitch and biggest size to fit. while ur there get the hose to suit.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Sweet, Pirtek have places all over haha, do you know how much it cost you for the barbed fitting ? Shouldnt be over $30-40 yeah?

Cheers