Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rb30ET gearbox's suck...

mr.rb30et

Mr.VL rb30ET
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Executive VL Turbo
Hey, i want to upgrade my gearbox... but theres no point replacing something broken with something stock again so i need suggestions ASAP... which would be the better gearbox to put on my VL Turbo and some price's to help out...

Thanks

i dont know if u all know... the vl gearbox's r weak as... all my mates have blown gears n wat not in their boxes.. might aswell spend $2000 on a good box rather then replace a stock box twice or thrice which would equal the same amount of money!

Drive it like you stole it

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
I here these boxes are a jappa ripoff of a bmw gearbox and that it you put the bmw style bearings in especially the input shaft bearings which has a different amount of balls in the bearing and are far better.and it stops them ruining them selves when giving them heaps all the time .

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You talking about the r33 boxes or the vlt manual box?

mr.rb30et

Mr.VL rb30ET
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Executive VL Turbo
the r33 Manual...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
That was directed at spanners sorry mate

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
not actually sure my neighbour used to be a gearbox rebuilder and when I sais I was putting the rb30 motor and box in my torana he said he could build a bullet-proof box out of what I had said it was the same as skyline as well and that they didnt use as good bearings which makes the input shaft take out the layshaft which ends up breaking gears and most of the other internals.he said it would be plenty strong enough for big boost.Ill ask him what model gearboxes it applys too over the next few days.