Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb30et on lpg, anybody done it?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
well, i must say that im thinking of getting rid of my commodore ute to get a 4x4 so i might not be around on the forums for much longer, but i'll be buying a commodore again in a few years.

looking at getting a gq patrol, and some models had a non turbo carby rb30, so getting a vl turbo and doing a transplant wouldn't be too hard. was going to ask this question on a 4x4 website but i figured that commodore drivers would have a fair idea whats going on here

most of the petrol powered 4x4's run straight lpg when they whack on a turbo, but just keen to know if there is anything i should know about running a rb30et on lpg and what sort of peformance there is compared with petrol (if any change, and what differences in tuning there is with lpg).

i have no idea with barbeque fuelled cars so im just after some info.
:beer chug:

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
There are plenty who have done it, its an excellent move as i am a lpg user so obviously biased towards it use, as its adaption to performance use is becoming more common. Go on the Performance LPG forum as well. Not as busy, but good people to talk to on there as well, i think some of em on here now. Gas research is the common one to use.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
GAS 747 Comes to mind.