Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rca sub to line amp?

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 not a 5 speed auto :(
This kinda confuses me, Say if i was to buy a amp and a subwoofer and the output of the subwoofer is rca... How will i connect the sub to the amp that requires negative-postive speaker wire?

Would easiest option be tapping into the wires in the subwoofer and running the wires to the amp or would LOC be the option or any other alternatives?

Or am i just mis-leaded and they use spade connectors to power them? Haven't actually inspected it in person

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The sub speaker output should be a push in type or manufacture proprietary plug. Some amps have an additional rca sub out to daisychain another amp.

Got a photo to upload?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looking at pics when I bought mine I thought it was RCA jacks on the sub box. However it was just spring loaded connections that take the speaker wires from the amp. They did look like RCAs though.

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
The sub speaker output should be a push in type or manufacture proprietary plug. Some amps have an additional rca sub out to daisychain another amp.

Got a photo to upload?

No as i'm trying to buy everything as we speak and past few days but making everything works as ill be doing a whole ve fascia kit and double din install too

Amp i will be getting is a gm-d9705 5 channel

will be running 2 alpine s-65.2
and 2 mtx tx465c in the rear

So i got a rms of 4 ohms 350w or 2 ohms 600w, Any recommendation on subwoofer as this is the last peice i need, Will be pairing with a ken-wood 5200bt

MTX Audio TX4 Series 6.5" Coaxial Speakers - TX465C – Alberts Car Stereo
R-S65.2 | Alpine Electronics of Australia
GM-D9705 - Pioneer

What recommendations for a sub to pair with amp?

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking at pics when I bought mine I thought it was RCA jacks on the sub box. However it was just spring loaded connections that take the speaker wires from the amp. They did look like RCAs though.
Thank you this is what i was looking for ahaha, Stupid eyes playing tricks!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
This is the amp via another link with more images https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D9705
Input side
GM-D9705-back1.jpg

Output side
GM-D9705-back2.jpg

For your sub, depends on your budget, but alpine has always been reliable, but pioneer should have a sub that suits that amp.

Where will it be going, parcel shelf, boot. Going in a box? What size sub? What music your into?

You get boxes to suit ve, or you can fabric them up.

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the amp via another link with more images https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Digital+Series/GM-D9705
Input side
GM-D9705-back1.jpg

Output side
GM-D9705-back2.jpg

For your sub, depends on your budget, but alpine has always been reliable, but pioneer should have a sub that suits that amp.

Where will it be going, parcel shelf, boot. Going in a box? What size sub? What music your into?

You get boxes to suit ve, or you can fabric them up.

$300 is my budget for sub, NOT INCLUDING BOX

Uhm thinking of running the amp under the drivers or passenger seat and bolting it down with a peice ill get my mate to make he does metal fab so that will run from the same bolt that bolts the seat down on the back right screw and the front left screw with a arm coming out to secure its place so it doesn't move if that makes sense?

Most likely wanting the subwoofer in a box in the boot or in the back on the floor as i don't really carry passengers around.

Music i'm into almost anything really.

Red hot chilli peppers will frequently be a band that will be played for an example.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you're happy to sacrifice one passenger spot in the back you could get what I bought, which was I believe a shallow sub speaker 10" and a slimline box to suit.

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride