Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RDA disc rotors vs DBA rotors

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, I will back up what gsrallysport said.

DBA are the ones that are misleading when they claim their rotors are Australian made, only a small selection are. Just because something is made in China, doesn't mean it is poor quality. An Australian owned company that has it's manufacturing plant in China is only taking advantage of less expensive labour and overheads. the same manufacturing tools and techniques are used as if they are made in Australia, just made in China. (Most of the time).

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
DBA are the ones that are misleading when they claim their rotors are Australian made, only a small selection are. Just because something is made in China, doesn't mean it is poor quality. An Australian owned company that has it's manufacturing plant in China is only taking advantage of less expensive labour and overheads. the same manufacturing tools and techniques are used as if they are made in Australia, just made in China. (Most of the time).
Also just to take that point one step further, the RDA manufacturing plant in China is owned by RDA, and does soley their stuff. They have complete control of the quality. On the hand hand, and as NAAB rightly points out, DBA are manufacturing alot of their gear overseas, but not in their own factory, but to the cheapest bidder.

Like I said, unless you're buying 4000 or 5000 series DBA, you're FAR BETTER off buying RDA...

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Have used rda on my caprice for awhile and seem to be all good

SimoVXSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Just installed RDA's front and back. More than happy with them

AyeJay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Holden Statesman 5.0ltr
Does anybody know the price of the DBA 4000/5000??

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I have RDA slotted rotors on the front and rear of my VS. Been on there for over two years and haven't had a problem.

DBA 4000 Series Wiper Slot are worth $295 each. Just got some for my Statesman.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Iv got the slotted and dimpled RDA roters that I picked up for $250 for all 4 brand new.
Fairly happy with them.
I think my pads thou QFM HPX have let me down.
Just need better stoping force as I'm driving a 2 tonne car.

Are they the same pads that got paint all over them ?

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Iv got the slotted and dimpled RDA roters that I picked up for $250 for all 4 brand new.
Fairly happy with them.
I think my pads thou QFM HPX have let me down.
Just need better stoping force as I'm driving a 2 tonne car.

I have the exact same rotors, the Gold dimpled and slotted RDA's. I have had them for over a year and they have been flawless. They make a little noise but nothing to loud.