Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RDA disc rotors vs DBA rotors

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Hi all,

I did some hunting around for a good deal on some slotted rotors for my 98 Stato but somewhere along the line got my brands mixed up. Anyway, 4 new rotors arrived by RDA, I thought I had ordered DBA rotors, the old aussie vs Chinese thing. Have I stuffed up?

So...is there anything bad about these parts other than being shipped over? They came with free no name brake pads which I never had any intention in using, some deal they had going I guess.

thanks,
Ben

Last edited:

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
They have intentionally mislead you - if you used ebay ask for you money back.

i personally have DBA 5000 and they are fantastic stops dead everytime but i'm unsure about the RDA

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Nothing like that, I was going through DBA prices and then found the good deal on RDA's, got my letters mixed up.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh rda's are virtually the same, i put dba slotted on all round, had to change my front discs, one had warped after machining with a brake pad change,
so i put rda on the fronts to replace and no real difference in the two that i have noticed, so it will be ok, i wouldn't worry about it at all.
i use bendix general ct pads all round with mine and no troubles either way with either of those discs names.

hope that helps a bit, thats from my personal experience with both, i was unsure at the start too, but both virtually the same, one isn't better than the other in my opinion.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have been using standard RDA rotors on the front of my car for about 6 years. Had no trouble with them either.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Dont worry they'll be fine, I run ADB's :p and they work fine even under mild race conditions.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Their both Australian and both owned by same company as mentioned. They also own EBC Brakes
Um no... RDA and DBA are completely seperate companies. The ONLY connection between the two of them is the founder of RDA used to work for DBA back in the day, then split to make his own company.

RDA certainly doesn't own EBC. They're the Australian distributor for EBC, but EBC is a bigger company than all the Australian brake part manufacturers put together.

the old aussie vs Chinese thing
Don't feel too bad, unless you bought 4000 or 5000 series rotors, then both are made in China. As are Protex, Reliance etc. etc....

Certainly in standard rotors (be it std, or slotted) the RDA seems to have the quality advantage over the DBA. DBA also don't help them self with their 'aftercast' drilled rotors which continue to crack...