Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Re-flashing ECU?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey guys,

Been looking on the web and saw a vid on youtube about reflashing your ecu.

link to video --> YouTube - Mighty Car Mods - How To Reflash Your ECU (SE01 EP22)

I was just wondering if this is possible to do to a commy vs and if so, is it legal (or p-plate legal...)?

Has anyoen done this sort of thing before? once again, if so, let me know how it went and what it did performance wise.

Cheers

Matt

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Yes, it is possible. Talk to Greenfoam, Delcowizzid, or Doctor Bob, don;t think Greenfoam does Ecotecs though.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Yes, it is possible. Talk to Greenfoam, Delcowizzid, or Doctor Bob, don;t think Greenfoam does Ecotecs though.

have you done anything like it mate? if so, cost and performance diff?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
have you done anything like it mate? if so, cost and performance diff?

I think Delco does them for about $80 (for forum members), but I'm not sure. I haven't had it done, I intend to do it at some stage, when I can get around to sourcing another memcal, but many of the forum members here have had those three members work on mail order tunes for them and can vouch for their work.

You won't necessarily gain anything kilowatts wise, but the way the car reacts and behaves across the rev range will change drastically.

If it is, $80 for a tune is very, very good value for money.