Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

re mafing

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
Basically what ECU is it running? If you pull the trim near the door in the passenger side foot well off and get a shot of the sticker on the ECU that would tell a lot.

Also keen to see pics of this engine.
If it's just for looks, then run the MAF, the ECU won't see it so it won't affect it.

Pig magnet? Never seen pigs attracted to a car before, they usually run away.
I'm on my green ps at the moment so I need to get rid of the whole intake

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Put it all back to stock looking, but as it's mafless tuned, it will look like it has a maf but the ECU won't see it so it won't affect how it runs. You don't need it retuned.

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
I've been told the car won't start if I put a stock intake on and don't get rid of the mafless tune

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
By who? The tune just deletes the maf. Depends on what else was done in the tune for the hi rise, but it will still run. Just because the maf is there won't matter, it is disabled in the tune so the ECU won't know it's there. It's like having a fridge plugged in but turned off, the power doesn't know it's there so it won't affect the power bill.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
^^^ OP, pull the plug off the MAP sensor and see what happens.

Whoever told you might mean you won't have a place to put the MAP sensor in the stock plenum. Make a place for it and make sure it's airtight.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You been told porkies...it will start just don't expect it to run nice haha.

If it is a vs then it's either got vr ecu/loom or possibly kalmaker(?) as think back in the day they might have brought out the software or offered although never saw or heard anyone used it.

Dick's Electronics the sydney tuner was doing vr ecu swap overs during the v6 l67/turbo challenge for first to break into 11's

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
Put it all back to stock looking, but as it's mafless tuned, it will look like it has a maf but the ECU won't see it so it won't affect how it runs. You don't need it retuned.
If I were to put the stock intake on without a retune I've been told it'll run like ****

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You were told wrong. It would probably run fine, maybe a bit rich but it will depend on what was done in the tune.

If you're that worried, just find a stock ECU and plug that in. No linking to the BCM required so nothing needs to be done.

jedpettigrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais 3.8
Hi guys I think I've found a solution for now but thanks for all the advice, sorry for any un answered questions. Was giving me a hard time uploading images and been a bit busy. Anyway cheers guys

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
^^^ OP, pull the plug off the MAP sensor and see what happens.

Whoever told you might mean you won't have a place to put the MAP sensor in the stock plenum. Make a place for it and make sure it's airtight.

This.

Just T off one of the vac ports at the back of the plenum, if there isn't a spare port.